Entrepreneurs are all about projects. Transformative, incremental and even experimental. We love our projects. They are the building blocks that help us gain momentum and achieve our business goals.
The question prompts below can help you think through various elements of your project. Budget, resources and communication are just a few of the factors that need to be considered. The Wheelhouse Factory team recommends having at least an initial baseline for each prompt before you take the plunge and attempt the next step of putting together your project timeline.
- Does your project have an official or unofficial name?
- Why do you want to pursue the project?
- Who will benefit when your project is completed?
- What project activities are you aware of today?
- What costs are you aware of today?
- What is your project budget?
- What is your stretch project budget in case you go over?
- What is your target completion date for the project?
- What other people, vendors or other partners are likely needed for your project?
- Who do you consider to be on your project team?
- How will you stay connected with your project team?
- What will be your main form of communicating with your project team?
- What skill or knowledge is required to complete your project? Do you have that skill and/or knowledge and, if not, how will you obtain it?
- What kind of equipment is needed to build your project deliverables?
- How much time per day/week are you willing to put toward your project?
- How much time per day/week are you requesting from others?
- What activities are you giving up or limiting in order to prioritize your project?
- What are the things in your life that may keep you from making progress on your project?
– Trevor Lightfoot